To report items needing repair during working hours, residents should call their property office:
New Bern Towers - 252-638-3663
Trent Court - 252-633-0800
Emergency Work Orders - After Normal Work Hours
In the event of any one of the emergencies below, residents should call 252-723-4751.
- Fire and Police calls = 911
- Main sewer line stop up
- Electrical shortage: switches or receptacles sparking or smoking
- Toilet stop up or won't flush: Until 10 PM and only has 1 toilet
- Waterline break inside of the unit
- Busted water heater
- Smoke/CO Detector: Beeping or going off
- Door and window locks = Resident cannot secure unit
- No heat: From October 15 - April 15
- Gas smell inside or outside of the unit
All other calls should be referred to be addressed on the next business day.
- Traps under sink leaking (put a pan or bucket under to catch the water until next business day)
- Dripping water spigot
- Breaker in panel box not holding (does not include the main breaker)
- Adjusting thermostat
- Door locks
The maintenance department responds to work orders requested by residents. Our maintenance department also provides routine, preventive, and emergency maintenance work to ensure decent, safe, and sanitary housing for NBHA residents.